Monday, July 2, 2007

He wanted a hug

Yesterday I was with Dix trying to get myself sorted over the client I am seeing who is worryingly looking like she is having a breakdown. I needed to speak to someone who could help me get clear as to why she is having such a hard time at the moment and why all her anger and hurt is coming at me in the way it is. Trouble being it reminds me so much of my ex partner that I am having a bit problem really hearing her and she is feeling misunderstood. Actually we both are feeling misunderstood. In the middle of working with D my lover called. He was outside my house round the corner, and wondered how far away I was. I knew he needed to come and just have a hug, which is what he told me today, but I didn't want to just leave in the middle of the important work I was doing, so I told him I couldn't come. It is so important I don't fall into the trap of being what he needs when he needs to get away from family and forgoing my own needs.
Listening to Germain Greer on Radio Four reminded me how difficult it is for me to really remember this. My job is to be there for me first and foremost before I can give to anyone else.

No comments: