Thursday, July 19, 2007

tagged

I have been tagged by Reading the Signs



Here are the "Rules":
(Note from Signs: Please adapt or ignore as you see fit).

1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.

No. 4 will be difficult for me. I don't know 8 others only Reading the Signs.
But here goes.

1. I was born in New York City but have an English passport. For many reasons since 9/11 the security is such in the States that if I was to enter the US with my UK passport they would not accept it and send me to the embassy to get an American one. This fact bugs me more than I can say. The downright arrogance of the people. Now the thought that I can't go to the States is fuelling a bloody minded desperation to go.

2. I love eating peanut butter on toast with Lemon curd.

3. I have lost a good friend because I allowed myself to love a married man.

4. Some of my most fearless decisions have been made since I turned 40. They have all been made guided by intuition and they have all been decisions I stand by to this day.

5. I am a therapist. I love my work. I love the people I see. I am not sure how many clients know this about their therapists. The work is a two way thing. Healing happens both ways.

6. The book that saved my life when I was going through the process of leaving my husband, was 'Woman Who Run with the Wolves by clarissa Pinkola Estes". It is filled with wisdom.

7. I get a thrill when I am alone in my flat and can hear.... nothing. Silence and having time alone is one of the most luxurious feelings in the world.

8. I am presently working on Chapter 28 of a novel I started in 2005. I write for a minimum of 15 minutes a day. So you can see it is slow work. But I am getting there and loving where it is taking me.

Thank you Reading the Signs for tagging me......

5 comments:

Reading the Signs said...

Ah, don't worry about No. 4. Do you know how to do the linking thing? If not, I can tell you. It's about the only time I feel like a techie.

My favourite (most resonant) story from Women Who Run With the Wolves was Sealskin Soulskin.

Chapter 28 - gosh.

The Moon Topples said...

Although our blog names are somewhat incompatible, I just wanted to say hello and tell you I liked your list.

Don't worry about not tagging anyone. I know more than 8 bloggers, but have never tagged anyone when doing a meme. I just say that if anyone stops by and wants to have a turn, let me know and I'll come by and read it.

And 15 minutes a day is more than many commit to their novels, so congratulations on your perseverance.

Reading the Signs said...

Yes, Ms Moon meets Mr. Moon - it had to happen.

btw I have responded to your comments earlier at mine.

moonoverwater said...

No idea about the linking thing... help...also, any idea how to post as Moonoverwater instead of wordstar. Can't seem to figure that one out either. No matter what I do it comes up with an old blogger name.

.... and lovely to meet another MOON....Delightful.

Reading the Signs said...

Hi Moon - if you wanted, for example, to link to my blog when mentioning me you would go to my site and copy the URL in the address bar at the top (control + C). Then when you are putting up a post you would highlight my name and find the hyperlink button, press that and (after deleting the extra http there) copy my name in (control + V) and press ok.

Your other question - er - I think almost anyone else you ask would be better at explaining than me. I only know the very basic things.
Good luck.