Sunday, November 11, 2007

Darkly November

Hardly any energy today after this bloody cold and sore throat has returned so slept most of yesterday and today with a minor foray into local shops to find something that my daughter and I might fancy eating. She and I have been eating voraciously, not sure if out of boredom, or at the will of our anti bodies... but we need to eat!!!!
Saw briefly my darling one, who poped in yesterday, having been confined to the family home most of the last two weeks due to illlness, either his own or his families. We all share. Both our germs and our affections. Strange world.

A shift in the writing means I CAN for the first time see the novel's end. I have never wanted to impose a deadline on the novel, happy to write it forever, but having swopped chapters with a fellow writer, the urge to finish the first draft and then to chisel away at it, is strong. I hope to finish first draft by March. Let us see if that becomes a reality.

I am content with my life. I am luckier than most and am continual grateful. I find myself saying thank you even to inanimate objects. I am supremely grateful that I did not turn away from the man whose life I have entered, even though many would say I should have done. It is an odd feeling to be doing something that is 'wrong' in societies eyes, and feel in my heart how right it is. I do not want him to leave his wife, that reamains to this day, true. What I want is a few hours in the week where we can escape struggle and laugh together. Life is short.

2 comments:

Reading the Signs said...

Congratulations on having come so far on with writing your novel. It would be lovely if you could do a post all about the process - how much you do each day, how long it's taken, etc.

Hope your throat is better today.

moonoverwater said...

Thank you. I do feel wonderful at having come past the half way mark, the end in sight. For today no work. I am truly down with the lurgy, and being an asthmatic the sounds coming from my chest are not at all funny. So for now, its bed and rest, but a good day yesterday, where in between this and that I managed 800 words on, spurred on by a friend on her second novel who had celebrated doing 500. The competitiveness got me all fired up! Ha. However, one never knows if the words I write will stay or be edited out. Still its getting the words out that count at the moment. The shaping later will come.